Sunday 30 September 2012

e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set - are makeup setting sprays worth it?

Like a lot of people, I struggle a lot with keeping makeup on my face throughout the day. I'm in school from 8.30 to 3.30, and I want to be looking at least half decent, which quite often leading to me having to reapply make up at lunch or whenever. Obviously this isn't great for my skin, so recently I've been looking for ways to keep my makeup looking fresher for longer - which would stop the need to put more on in the day and hopefully help with my skin problems as well.

One of the methods I've been looking at is make up setting sprays - I've heard all about the 'hairspraying your face' method, and though apparently it works well, the thought of spraying my face with it isn't exactly welcoming! Setting sprays are pretty much the same concept, but just a bit more face-friendly.

However, even though setting sprays are supposedly the miracle cure to all my skin woes, I've gone through enough 'miracle cures' to be reasonably cynical about it - so there was no way I was going to splash out my hard earned cash on an expensive one!

I was looking at three when choosing which one to buy: the Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Setting Spray, Model in a Bottle Setting Spray and the ELF Makeup Mist & Set. Of course, being a student, price is everything and any of you who have been following my blog will know that when I made an ELF order, I made sure to include the Makeup Mist & Set - if the cheaper product works, there's no need to splash out!

Seeing as the light is constantly bad whenever I'm home from sixth form now, I had to reuse the photos from my haul (apologies if that particularly offends anyone, though you might want to take a look at yourself if that's you) - sorry!



The packaging, similar to most elf products is pretty basic, just a plastic bottle with a plastic spray top - though packaging is never something I'm too bothered about, as long as it's practical and the product is good! The spray top delivers the right amount of product so that it covers your face, but doesn't leave any droplets or visible residue.

For anyone still clueless about what this actually does, it's basically a spray which you spray on your face after make up application, and it helps it set longer - don't ask me how because I don't know, let's just assume it's a pot of magic for now..

Anyway, enough of the blog drivel about it - down to what you actually wanted to know (let's face it, the rest is just in one ear and out the other) - DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK?

Well the answer to that lovely question is, thankfully, yes.. and well! Since using this, I've noticed a great change in the longevity of my make up - for example, today I worked a 7 hour shift at the pool (i.e sticky hot heat), with my usual concealer/foundation/bronzer combo - and after the 7 hours, my makeup looked practically flawless. Now that is an improvement! No more taking breaks to touch up my face because it's dripped down my neck within an hour - this is pretty much my miracle product.. it hasn't even broken me out like every other product under the sun!

In short, this product has worked wonders for me, and I would totally recommend it to anyone having the same problems. Plus, for only £3.75, where's the harm?!

Another amazing product from e.l.f - I salute you!

Lots of loving coming your way,
Liv xox


P.S. It's actually ridiculous how long this post took me to write - I'm very aware I haven't blogged in about two weeks (i'm so so sorry!), and this post alone was written over the course of three or four sessions.. I just have so much to do :( My very lacking concentration levels don't help, but let's blame it on the school work/job shall we? (Yes, lets.)

9 comments:

  1. I love setting sprays and primers, I haven't tried this one yet but I will. Great Review1 <3

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing a post on this! I too am at school all day and often have work for hours straight after and applying my make up is a right chore, I'm definatley going to purchase this xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a new setting spray and I think I'm going to give this one a go :)
    xx-B
    http://thegreyclover.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to purchase this soon! thanks for the review

    please come and visit me at my blog and follow back? I'm new and would appreciate any support :)

    rosiebxxx.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem! i'll take a look now :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love E.L.F products, although I've always been a bit dubious over the idea of a setting spray. Maybe I should give them a go, and at such a cheap price :)
    Great post, love your blog
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price was the main reason I went for it, and I'm so glad I did! It'll make a big difference to your routine :)
      Livs xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)