Monday 9 July 2012

Loves of the week!

Hi folks! I've seen a few of these 'loves of the week' posts, so I thought I'd try out my own version, but with a bit of a summer theme - I'm just realising that I need to get moving with the summer wardrobe so these are a few things I have my eye on!

Boden swimsuit, £32.50



The first item is a swimsuit from the Boden sale - though Boden can inspire images of well tasted grannies within the average teenager, it's actually a great brand if you're looking for a swimsuit that's a bit more demure. I've been looking for a swimsuit for a while now - I like that it covers up, making it great for confidence as well as handy for suncream application! I love the gorgeous vintage feel to this one, and the fact that it's in the sale for only £32.50 instead of the original £49 price tag makes me love it that bit more! 




Topshop aztec playsuit, £20

The next item to catch my eye was this gorgeous little aztec cover up - one of the things on my shopping list for throwing on around the pool (as a member of the pale brigade, sunbathing isn't high up on my list) as well as teaming with cute gladiators and a bleached denim jacket/ blazer for the daytime. The price of £20 seems quite reasonable for something so on trend, and I'd expect a good two summers of use out of this at least!





Office coral wedges
Coral is rapidly becoming one of this summer's staple colours - bright and playful, yet surprisingly easy to style. One way I love to mix the colour in is through a bright pair of heels or wedges. These wedges are Office brand, though I'm not sure how much they are as I borrowed these off a friend a couple of weeks back. However, if you can find them anywhere, these are the COMFIEST HEELS EVER. I've never tried office heels before because of the price tag, but I guess you pay for quality in this case! Coral heels and wedges are all over the market so it wouldn't be too hard to find a cheaper version - or mix it up with studs and coral for a more edgy look!



I also picked out some makeup loves of the week - either new discoveries or just plain essentials!


Batiste 'Lace', £2.99 for 200ml
Summer season means festival season and as I'm heading off to my first festival this year, I've been warned to bring dry shampoo - and lots of it! My favourite dry shampoo brand along with everyone else is Batiste - I've never quite found a product to match and it's hardly expensive. My love for this week is the new Lace version, which I discovered on a girls trip to the seaside after a rummage through my friends case - it has a wonderfully subtle floral smell which I find much less overpowering than the other scents Batiste do. I even love this dry shampoo so much, it may even overtake my all time favourite, the tropical scented one! If you want a stronger scent, definitely try the tropical version, but if you're looking for something subtler, this is a great new product to try!



Soap & Glory Solar Powder, approx £12

Another holiday make up essential is always bronzer.. the more the better! It's great for contouring your face, as well as adding an overall golden sheen to your complexion. My bronzer of choice is the Soap and Glory Solar Powder, which retails for around £12 in most major retailers. The best thing about this product, is that it is fairly large, and therefore doubles up as a body bronzer - meaning you can add golden shimmer to your face, neck and wherever else all with one product! This bronzer has a great natural golden glow with a slight shimmer - though not enough to produce an actual sparkle that might scare any potential holiday romances off! The packaging sticks to the soap and glory tradition of being completely amazing, and features a  
vintage pin up girl on the front and a large mirror inside that actually works as a good mirror! Lovely bronzer overall, definitely a holiday essential!

So these are my loves of the week, hope you enjoyed them and it inspired a little holiday happiness into your day (ignore the English weather and it'll all be okay!)

Liv xo

2 comments:

  1. I love those Coral wedges, they are gorgeous. I love batiste too, I am also going to my first festival this summer too. I recently did a review on the XXL one if you would like to check it out :) http://ellie-rosee.blogspot.co.uk/ Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're so lush aren't they! literally in love, i don't want to give them back to my friend haha :)
      i'll have a look now, thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)